Family Support at Hill Farm
At Hill Farm we are proud of the support we are able to offer to families. We have a team of friendly and supportive workers, working hard to overcome any barriers to learning.
- Mrs Caroline Hussain – Safeguarding & Pastoral Manager
- Miss Lauren McCotter – Children & Family Engagement Worker
- Mrs Leah Hammond – Children & Family Engagement Worker
From time to time Families require a little support and a listening ear. Our team is more than happy to support families with on-going issues or when a crisis occurs.
Our team can support with a whole range of issues such as financial problems, housing issues, behaviour management, routines/boundaries, school reluctance and much more! If we feel that you are in need of some more specialised support, we can signpost/refer you onwards to other agencies with your consent. Agencies we often refer/signpost to are:
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau – Miss McCotter is a trained CAB information assistant, and is able to make referrals quickly and directly into the advice service.
- LAW Centre – for legal advice regarding a whole range of issues.
- IAPT – Improving access to psychological therapies
- Foodbank – we distribute foodbank vouchers for families in times of need
- Recovery Partnership – for support with alcohol/substance misuse
- CDVASS – for support relating to domestic abuse
- CRASAC – for support relating to rape/sexual abuse
One of the tools we often use to support families is CAF. This is a voluntary process where a CAF practitioner will assess the needs of your child and your family, before you then draw up an action plan together. The plan is then reviewed at regular intervals, to ensure you and your child are getting all the support you need to enable you child to reach their potential. For more information on the CAF process, please click here.
Our team also works closely with any children in school that may need some extra support. A need for support may be identified by school staff, parents, or the child themselves. Support offered may be in the form of small group interventions or a piece of 1:1 work. We can offer support with a wide range of issues such as low self-esteem, anxiety, anger management, online safety, social skills, understanding emotions and much more. If we feel your child needs more specialised support, we can refer onwards to other agencies with your consent.
We have a range of agencies that come into school to work with children directly:
- Counselling service – offers 1:1 play therapy to children in need of emotional support
- COMPASS – offers 1:1 support to children engaging in risky behaviors outside of school/or at a risk of exclusion from school
- Defuze – offers 1:1 support to children that have witnessed/experienced domestic abuse
- Psychotherapist that completes 1:1 work with children to help them manage anxiety
These agencies all work on a referral basis so please speak to a member of the team if you feel your child would benefit from one of these interventions.
If you, your family or your child need any additional support during your child’s time at Hill Farm Primary, please call in either in person or on 76595455 and ask to speak to Mrs Hussain, Miss McCotter or Mrs Hammond.