Safeguarding at Hill Farm
Hill Farm Primary School is committed to the safeguarding of all children and expect all of our staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of students by adhering to the expectations laid out in the Keeping Children Safe in Education (DfE, 2019). We will endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We will be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and will follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support and protection.
Our Safeguarding Team consists of:
- Mrs Dawn Wilson – Headteacher/Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs Leah Hammond –Safeguarding & Pastoral Lead/Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs Elizabeth Leetch – Strategic Director/SENCO/Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Miss Katie Roper- Assistant Headteacher/SENCO
- Mrs Rebecca Clarke- Safeguarding Assistant
- Mrs Viv Bruton- Learning Mentor
- Miss Claire Lomax- Safeguarding and SENCO Administrator
If you have a concern about a pupil at our school please do not hesitate to contact the school on 02476 595455 and ask to speak to one of the school’s Designated/Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads.
In the interest of Safeguarding children, there may be occasions when the school has to consult other agencies without parent's prior knowledge. The school's first concern is the child's welfare and the school has a legal duty to protect the child at all times. Such consultation may result in a formal referral to Coventry’s MASH team. This is a multi-agency safeguarding hub, where a number of professionals from Social Care, Health, Police, Education, Early Help and Community Safety can share information they hold about you and your family, and see what help and support your family is eligible to get. There are situations where this referral could prompt visits from social care and/or the police.
We fully understand that this can be a very distressing set of circumstances, but we can assure you that we follow the procedures laid down by the Coventry Safeguarding Board and the procedures outlined in our own school safeguarding policy. A copy of our safeguarding policy can be obtained from school or by clicking here.
We will act in accordance with the following legislation and statutory guidance in order to safeguard and promote the welfare of our children-
- The Children Act 1989 & 2004
- The Education Act 2002 (section 175)
- The Education (Pupil Information) (England) Regulations 2005
- Dealing with Allegations of Abuse Against Teachers and Other Staff (DfE, 2011)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (DfE, 2013)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (DfE, 2020), which is available at
- Procedures set out by the Coventry Safeguarding Children Partnership, they are available at www.coventry.gov.uk/lscb